Necromancer 1.5/2.0

Barudin
Site Admin

Necromancer 1.5/2.0

Post by Barudin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:35 am

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=2926

Epic 1.5
Prequest: A Piece of the Staff (If you do not have the Scythe of the Shadowed Soul.)
( ) Talk to Gebron in PoK.
( ) Give note to Yuanda in West Karana, northeast area.
Five werewolves spawn. Four are 67-68, hit for 600, mezzable, but immune to melee, one 69+, hit for 1200 increasing the lower his hp goes, unmezzable, magic resistant. You have 30 minutes to complete the kills.
( ) Shady Bandit spawns at -2920, -11083. Hail him and he attacks. He hits for 1200, has a 950 lifetap proc, level 67-68, snareable. Loot from him a Contract for Sale.
( ) Go to Lake Rathetear and give Egonis (on the island with the wizard tower) the Contract for Sale.
( ) Ronair is on the aviak island. Hail him, then kill him. He is about level 68, hit for about 1000, not too much HP, one groupable.
( ) Now there's a goblin near Ronaiar's spawnpoint named Worboli. Hail him.
( ) Kill a level 68 gnoll scavanger, that spawns on aviak island, hitting for 1100, rampages, one groupable again. He drops a rotten fish.
( ) Now where Worboli was, a level 68 Man-eating Freshwater Shark has spawned. Pull it onto shore and dispatch like the others. Hits start at 800, going up to 1200 as it gets lower HP. He finally drops A Piece of the Staff.
( ) Get back to PoK, give it to Gebrin, he returns the staff.
( ) Go back to Lake Rathe, give the piece of the staff to Kazen.

If you have have your Epic 1.0 (Scythe of the Shadowed Soul) or have done the pre-epic (A Piece of the Staff):

( ) Chat with Kazen Facae in Lake Rathe. Get note
( ) Hail Biddliss Sperandu in Steamfont Mountains (loc pos174 neg1355) hand in note. You get Gleaning Oore Satchel.
( ) Get Gleaming Zraxthil Ores in Torgiran mines
( ) combine ore in satchel. Get Sealed Ore Satchel
( ) Give Sealed Ore Satchel to Biddliss Sperandu in Steamfont Mountains. You get Biddliss's Research Tools
( ) Give Biddliss's Research Tools to Kazen in Lake Rathe. You get Drawing of Rune
( ) Give Drawing of Rune to Ruandia in PoK. You get Ruandia's Instructions.
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE OOW DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING!
( ) Give Ruandia's Instructions to Tebarin in PoK (loc at neg812 pos1066). You get "a box"
( ) Get two A Ball of Elemental Clay and combine them in container. You get Sealed Intricately Carved Box.
( ) Hand in Sealed Intricately Carved Box to Tebarin
( ) Recieve Intricately carved box and Strange smelling oil
( ) Kill an Old Gargoyle (The Hole) and loot Ancient Tome of Lost Lore
( ) Combine Ancient Tome of Lost Lore and Strange smelling oil in Intricately Carved box and receive A Protected Tome
( ) Give A PROTECTED TOME to Tebarin. You get Brightly Glowing Tome
( ) Give BRIGHTLY GLOWING TOME to Tebarin. You get "rune-covered insert"
( ) Loot Gnarled Wood (PoN treants)
( ) Loot Elaborate Hinge (PoI A Scrap Collector)
( ) Combine rune-covered insert, gnarled wood (PoN) and one elaborate hinge (PoI) in a forge.
( ) Give Glowing Box of Protection to Tebarin, receive Paladin Headhunting satchel.
( ) Kill Sir Telian and receive his head. South Karana
( ) Kill Sir Gregon and receive his head. East Karana
( ) Kill Sir Gerwin and received his head. North Karana
( ) Kill Sir Arlindo and receive his head. West Karana
( ) Combine satchel and get Full Paladin Headhunting Satchel.
( ) Give Tebarin Full Paladin Headhunting Satchel, and receive Orb of Deathspeaking.
( ) Head over to Natimbi, Hail Whiahdi, and say "The Staff"
( ) Head to Barindu, Hail Taiandao and say "What Muramite killed Whiahdi"
( ) Kill Viarglug and loot Whiahdi's Earthly Possessions
( ) Give Whiahdi's Earthly Possessions to Whiahdi in Natimbi
( ) Say "What Power" to Whiadhi
( ) Hail Tarlang, Kill Tarlang and Loot Tarlang's Head.
( ) Give Tarlang's Head to Whiahdi in Natimbi.
( ) Congrats on Soulwhisper. Epic 1.5
Barudin
Site Admin

Re: Necromancer 1.5/2.0

Post by Barudin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:18 am

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=3323

Epic 2.0 - so easy that i couldnt find a checklist

If you have Soulwhisper (necromancer epic 1.5), find Whiahdi in Natimbi near the undead camp, at +375, -925.

You say, 'I wish to locate the paladin.'

Whiahdi says, 'I fear for you should you seek the staff, but I promised to help you. I can still hear the staff's dark whispers. It appears that the paladin wielding the staff has been killed and the staff returned to its master. The staff's master has broken the staff into three pieces. two of the pieces have been given to his most trusted minions, and the third piece, a globe of discordant energy, resides in a location known as Anguish, in the Realm of Discord. If you wish to somehow rebuild the staff you must find these three pieces. I can still hear the staff begging for its master. The staff tells me the only way the minions will appear is if a certain phrase is uttered at a place where the power of discord seeks to engulf all. The phrase is, 'Sanait Sanaiij Tsulum'. I don't know what it means or where this place of great discord is however. I'm sorry that's all the staff has told me. If you find all three staff pieces, return them to me along with Soulwhisper and I will see if I can reform the staff for you.'

In the Ruined City of Dranik, find a mob called Discord Fluctuation at +2380, +125, in the northeast room of the building Battlemaster Rhorious is in.

You say, 'Sanait Sanaiij Tsulum'

Discord Fluctuation implodes, blinding you with a bright flash of light, Three horrendous creatures now appear before you, and they don't look happy...

Arlagai the Defiler, Gornogg the Awful, and Rargari the Destroyer spawn around the Discord Fluctuation, facing it, all red /cons to 70. They do not see through invisibility.

Arlagai the Defiler spellcasts, has relatively few HPs, hits for 1500, and gates. Kill Arlagai first to loot Staff Piece Number Two. A chest with additional loot can spawn after you loot it.

Gornogg the Awful is a warrior, has a lot of HPs, and hits for 2000. Kill Gornogg second to loot Staff Piece Number Three.

The worst of the three, Rargari the Destroyer is either a rogue or a warrior, has a lot of HPs, hits for 3000, and procs Dark Inferno. You don't have to kill him, as he drops nothing and it's not required for the quest.

You must now go to the Citadel of Anguish and kill Warden Hanvar. Upon his death, an orb of discordant energy may spawn which contains a globe of discordant energy.

Turn in the two staff pieces along with the globe of discordant energy and your Soulwhisper:

Whiahdi says 'It is against my better judgment to rebuild this staff, but I agreed to help you, if you helped me.'

Whiahdi takes the staff pieces from you and sets them down on the ground. She waves her ghostly hands over the pieces and they begin to glow. A bright, orange flame engulfs the pieces as they begin to join, forming the staff. A bone-chilling shriek fills your ears. You look down to see the staff fully formed. 'Take the staff and leave. I have done something that I should not have done this day.'

You receive Deathwhisper and 10 AA, plus access to your epic 2.0 title, Grand Occultist.
Marcone
Site Admin

Post by Marcone » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:29 am

Necro 1.5

These were/are farmable prior to OoW release:
You need >100 Blacksmithing for a combine. It's no fail once this requirement is met.
Ball of Elemental Clay x2 (Bazaar buyable or dropped in poeartha.) Have a few extra if needed.
Ancient Tome of Lost Lore (Bazaar buyable or dropped in the Hole from specific gargoyle rare on top of buildings.)
Gleaming Zraxthril Ore x4 (Torgiran Mines slaughtered miners.) Also be careful on this one there are drops that look identical and are similarly named but are not this.
Gnarled Wood (PoNightmare treants.)
Elaborate Hinge (PoInnovation from a scrap collector) Most likely the hardest part of the list.
You can also get the note for turnin to Biddliss Sperandu.

There was a patch that apparently nerfed some drops Ore is still farmable for sure. Can't say anything on the rest as I farmed them in PoP when I was bored.

Roadblocks:
This leaves a few roadblocks to finishing the 1.5.
#1 Biddliss Sperandu in Steamfont when you turn in the combined ore despawns for 25 minutes for no apparent reason.
#2 Killing the 4 paladins which you can solo but are highly resistant without debuffs. The only thing i landed on them regularly was splurt and life tap dot/reg life taps. Occasionally fire dots landed but everything else was resisted. They stun frequently so I would get the stun shrug off aa as well as trying to cast from max range and run directly after. They hit for up to 1600 I was able to survive a couple rounds but I wouldn't tank them long. These appear to be a near 30 min repop from the two I waited on to spawn. Another note on these there's a popular guide by a guy named drexxell half his locations for the paladins paths are wrong. I'll see if I can add pics of where they actually path sometime in the near future.
#3 Tarlang final step is a 10 minute repop.

Raid Steps for 1.5:
Viarglug [Barindu] - 1 to 2 groups should be enough there is a mana drain/dot ae. The range on the ae is tiny. (Instantly repopable/repeatable)
Tarlang [Nobels Causeway] - Several groups required 24 would be safe I think. 3200 quads flurry and rampage. AE is melee/casting slow/dot. Appears to cast a stun/blind on at least the tank maybe ae? Range on AEs seems very small. Repopped in around 10 minutes on test. You do have to go back to ghost in natimbi to say "what power?" to respawn him. Otherwise you are ignored.

Necro 2.0

Raid Steps for 2.0:
#1 [Ruined City of Dranik] Fight which is repopable with a 10 min timer. You have to talk to the ghost and say "I wish to locate the paladin." between repops or the npc ignores you. Short rundown 3 Mobs spawn: Arlagai the Defiler, Gornogg the Awful, and Rargari the Destroyer. Kill Arlagai (low hp)1500 max hit then Gornogg (higher hi) 2k max hit. Avoid pulling/killing Rargari if possible until he is alone hits for 3k and has a proc 2k dmg with a dot. Kill all three to be able to repop. My guess offhand would be 24 would be a safe number for this. They are splitable on the walls fairly easily. They corpse camp and do not see invis.
#2 1 drop from anguish

It appears none of the raid kills for either 1.5 or 2.0 require hand-ins ie they are all repeatable until you get your drop. Only thing you would lose if people snag the spawn is time. Final note this item isn't ever replaced even up to current live as it provides 4%(epic 1.5)/8%(epic 2.0) crit on dots when worn.
Marcone
Site Admin

Post by Marcone » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:13 am

All the things noted above as farmable for the 1.5 out of era still seem to drop.

Also i believe they attempted to put a lvl cap on the epic effect recently not sure on the details or what level it remains effective to.