Barudin
Site Admin

Rogue 1.5/2.0

Post by Barudin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:39 am

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=2958

Epic 1.5

Part 1 - Tradeskills
[ ] Spoke to Stanos in Highpass Hold.
[ ] Spoke to Vorla Diensk in Firiona Vie (received Occluded Sun Pendant).
[ ] Spoke to Master Taruun Rakutah in Shar Vahl (received baking list).
[ ] Completed baking recipes and returned to Master Taruun Rakutah.
[ ] Spoke to Lendel Deeppockets in Rivervale (received brewing list).
[ ] Completed brewing recipes and returned to Lendel Deeppockets.
[ ] Spoke to Diggins in Kaladim (received blacksmithing list).
[ ] Completed blacksmithing recipes and returned to Diggins.
[ ] Spoke to Elyn Connoy in Halas (received tailoring list).
[ ] Completed tailoring recipes and returned to Elyn Connoy.
[ ] Spoke to Arly Golyeck in Paludal Caverns (received poison list).
[ ] Completed poison recipes and returned to Arly Golyeck.

Part 2 – Cease and Desist
[ ] Spoke to Inem R’Ker in The Overthere (received notice to Cease and Desist).
[ ] Killed Galdorin Visigoth in Abysmal Sea (looted Signed Agreement).
[ ] Killed the Marsinger twins in Greater Faydark (looted Signed Agreement).
[ ] Killed Lythe Songbird in West Freeport (looted Signed Agreement).
[ ] Spoke to Lirprin, Head of Affairs in Nedaria’s Landing.
[ ] Spoke to Smith Dandi in Nedaria’s Landing
[ ] Killed Culthor the Gatekeeper in Solusek C (looted Smoldering Embers of Solusek).
[ ] Turned in Smoldering Embers of Solusek to Smith Dandi in Nedaria’s Landing.

Part 3 – The Shakey Scarecrow
[ ] Hailed Shakey Scarecrow in Rivervale.
[ ] Spoke with Reebo Leafsway in Rivervale.
[ ] Spoke with Sornita Eltern in Erudin (received Torn Parchment).
[ ] Killed Dark Huntress in Mistmoore Castle (received Water-Stained Ancient Tome).
[ ] Turned in Water-Stained Ancient Tome to Sornita Eltern in Erudin (received Translated Ancient Tome).
[ ] Located Cage of Transmutation in Chardok B.
[ ] Located Frightful Carved Pumpkin in Estate of Unrest.
[ ] Located Shapely Vegetation in Fungus Grove.
[ ] Located Stringy Vines in Greig’s End.
[ ] Located Ancient Dragon Claw in Dragon Necropolis.
[ ] Located Tattooed Zombie Skin in Hate’s Fury.
[ ] Located Unnatural Orange Flame in Swamp of No Hope.
[ ] Located Vial of Boiling Acid in Tower of Frozen Shadow.
[ ] Located Reanimation Formula in Miragul’s Menagerie.
[ ] Located Tears of the Forgotten in Plane of Justice.
[ ] Combined items (received Jack-O-Lantern).
[ ] Turned in Jack-O-Lantern to Shakey Scarecrow in Rivervale (reveived (2)Dilapidated Head of Shakey).

Part 4 – Undead Renux
[ ] Spoke with Kithicor in Kithicor’s Wood (received Hemisphere of Blue Metal).
[ ] Located Shard of Blue Metal in Plane of Mischief.
[ ] Located Bits of Blue Metal in Torden, Bastion of Thunder.
[ ] Pickpocketed Fragment of Blue Metal from Siska the Spurned in Dulak’s Harbor.
[ ] Spoke with Findleznax Grimblewimbus in Steamfont Mountaints.
[ ] Killed Undead Renux (looted Festering Heart of Rage).
[ ] Combined items (received Pulsating Blue Metal Sphere).

Part 5 – The End
[ ] Turned in Pulsating Blue Metal Sphere to A Wayward Kiraikuei.
[ ] Killed Lanys T’Vyl (looted Stack of Pages and Soulstone of Lanys).
[ ] Turned in Stack of Pages to Yendar Starpyre in Steamfont Mountains.
[ ] Turned in Soulstone of Lanys to Liripin, Head of Affairs in Nedaria’s Landing.
[ ] Received Fatestealer, rogue epic 1.5.
Barudin
Site Admin

Re: Rogue 1.5/2.0

Post by Barudin » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:23 am

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=3329

Epic 2.0

Could not find a checklist - let me know if someone does. looks straightforward

Once you have your Fatestealer (rogue epic 1.5), find and hail Lirprin in Nedaria's Landing.

You say, 'Hail, Lirprin, Head of Affairs'

Lirprin, Head of Affairs says 'I'm sure Stanos has already briefed you on his concerns: An assassin is planning to start a war between the Dragorn and the Wayfarer's by offing a well-respected member of their society and making it look like it was us. This is true. I've verified the information myself. What Stanos doesn't know, and I'm embarrassed to admit . . . It's one of my people that's behind it all.' He fumes, and smashes his left fist into his opposite palm. 'Bah. If I ever get my hands on the scoundrel! If I even knew WHICH one it was! We've had a disturbing number of our rank go 'deserter' since my group's last visit to the Realms of Discord. Haven't heard from some of my members in days, weeks, or months. It's one of those scumbags. I'd bet my [bronze breastplate] that it's either [Lairyn Debeian], [Wren Simsy], [Longarm Larithim], [Durgin Skell] or [Keetra the Lost]. If you can prove without a shadow of a doubt, please tell me you [know who is guilty].'

This opens a task in which you must confront the deserters. You can do the first four in any order.

They are Lairyn Debeian (in the Gulf of Gunthak), Longarm Larithim (in Iceclad), Durgin Skell (in Miragul's Menagerie), and Keetra the Lost (in the Bloodfields). Wren Simsy is the guilty party, but you must prove the other four are innocent before moving on to her.

You say, 'Your bronze breastplate, Lirprin?'

Lirprin, Head of Affairs sighs, 'I'm not really wearing a bronze breastplate, _____. That's what we like to call a 'figure of speech'.'

Lairyn Debeian

You say, 'Who is Lairyn Debeian?'

Lirprin, Head of Affairs says 'Yes, Lairyn Debeian. Does his name sound familiar to you? It should - that's Nedaria's brother. He left my side long ago to research new magics, and for the better part of the years he kept in touch. We had been corresponding by mail. The last letter I received from him was written in a desperate scrawl. His tone was fearful and angry, which isn't like him at all. He spoke of shadows and hearing voices in his head. I'm afraid he may have done something rash. Something horrible. Don't let his frail appearance fool you, Atwa. He's from the same blood as Nedaria and very powerful. If you find him, drop my name. Let him know Lirprin sent you and see if he can explain his odd behavior.'

Take 1-2 groups to the Gulf of Gunthak and locate Lairyn Debeian in the second hut behind the lighthouse.

You say, 'Hail, Lairyn Debeian'

Lairyn Debeian stares at you directly in the eyes. 'Greetings, _____. I suppose you're here like everyone else in search of fame and fortune. Good luck to you, and good day. I have many things to attend to.'

You say, 'Liprin sent me'

Lairyn Debeian is disturbingly pale for an Erudite. He looks terribly frightened. 'They'll return any moment! The shadows are everywhere, always watching . . . Waiting for me to rest so they can kill me. I try to fight them off but they always return. They whisper to me when I am all alone. No one else in the gulf believes me. You must help! Please believe that what I say is true! Oh no, here they come - please don't let the shadows take me away!'

Lairyn runs to the beach to approximate location -490, -320.

Lairyn shouts, 'They're still following me! Help!'
a shadowed enforcer says 'Your time has come, Lairyn!'
a shadowed thug says 'Your time has come, Lairyn!'
a shadowed assassin says 'Your time has come, Lairyn!'

There are five waves of shadowed men which you need to protect Lairyn from. There are three per wave. Assassins are mezzable while thugs and enforcers are not. They each hit for up to 785 and have no other special abilities. Most of them drop healing potions which can be given to Lairyn to keep him alive.

a shadowed assassin's corpse says 'It's still too late to stop our plans. . .'
Lairyn Debeian says 'Oh no . . . I'd recognize the echo of those footfalls anywhere. That sounds like Krill . . .'

The final wave is Krill the Backbleeder, who hits for an average of 820, and up to 1669. Kill him and loot the Bloodied Torn Parchment and Krill's Head.

Lairyn Debeian says 'For my own knowledge and to bring some closure to this terror, can you bring me his head? I want to see with my own eyes. I need to know if it was him.'

Give Krill's Head to Lairyn.

Lairyn Debeian adjusts his spectacles and peers at the head, 'True enough. This is a Wayfarer . . . Errr, was at one time. I imagine he renounced his membership in the Brotherhood sometime before he took up a career of tormenting a poor scholar. They must have been trying to get to Nedaria by coming after me. I am famliar with Krill and he is a follower, not a leader. Someone else is the mastermind behind this - a person with access to magical disguises to hide their identity. Lirprin must know of this at once, _____.'

This confirms Lairyn's innocence. Head back to Nedaria's Landing and give Lirprin the Bloodied Torn Parchment. This narrows the field down a bit.

Longarm Larithim

You say, 'Who is Longarm?'

Lirprin, Head of Affairs says 'Bah, just hearing his name is like hearing the screech of a harpy. The little twerp didn't care for the dangerous environment of Kuaa and deserted us without so much as a goodbye. This is the kind of behavior I have to deal with on a daily basis, and what's going to be the death of me. I swear I'll throw shackles on the next walking panic attack that whimpers about wanting to go back to their home. It goes without saying that Larithim was a roguish type and I wouldn't put it past him to do something rash and stupid. Someone overheard him saying he'd do anything to send us packing back to Norrath, for good. Starting a war with the Dragorn would fit that bill. Who knows what hole Larithim's cowering in now. There are a lot of hiding spots for a fainthearted three-foot tall gnome. If you find him, drop my name. Let him know Lirprin sent you and see if he can explain his desertion.'

Take a raid force (30-36 recommended) to Iceclad Ocean, find Lookout Larithim in the pirate camp and hail him.

You say, 'Liprin sent me'

Lookout Larithim says 'Lirprin sent ye, did he mate? I was beginnin' ta wonder when the perils of me dastardly mutiny would catch up with me. Tis my shame, and I'll shoulder the burden 'til the day I rest at the bottom of the ocean. To tell ye the truth Cap'n Lirprin treated us alright, but te be away from ship n' sail was murder. I'd rather be scrapin' barnacles for all eternity than spend another moment in yon Discord Plane. Only, well, it seems that me ship and sail are gone again.' Larithim sighs dramatically, and waits for the effect to sink in before continuing. 'Would ye like ta [hear the tale], landlubber? Tis guaranteed to bring a tear ta the eye o' even the saltiest sea dog. Arrrr.'

You say, 'I'd like to hear the tale'

Lookout Larithim says 'Allow me te paint ye the picture, Sanam, of a story so strange and frightenin'! Twasn't more than a fortnight followin' my glorious return to plunderin'. I was bringin' me ship, Glaciersmash, into the coast ye see before ya now. The weather was cruel and unrelentin'. Waves they were crashin' up against the port bow.' He motions with his arms to indicate large waves, and makes a shrill blowing sound to imitate the wind. 'Hoist the main sail, tug the riggin's and man the longboats men, says I. That's when a twisting tentacle as thick as yer leg stretched out from the waters and latched ahold of the main mast! Guess ye [what happened then]?'

You say, 'What happened then?'

Lookout Larithim says 'Arrr. The boat she tipped and groaned, wood bucklin' and rope snappin'. My precious cargo of metal alloy spilled overboard. Before we knew it, she capsized like a maiden's . . . Wait, is that . . .? Well I'll be a crusty barnacle. Ye see that there, Sanam!? NO, not the tower. There it is again - the scurvy squid has returned. IT BE THE POLAR KRAKEN! Get out there and harpoon its backside, Sanam. I'll keep a sharp lookout here and we'll split the booty. The alloy will oxidize right quick if ye expose it to the air - stash it in here and bring it back te me.'

You receive a four-slot container named Air-Tight Strongbox. A Polar Kraken spawns in the water directly south of Larithim (approximate location +2850, +760).

The Polar Kraken hits for ~2000 and AE rampages for ~500. It has casts the spells Blinding Tentacle (single target DD), Squid's Ink (single target blind), and Binding Tentacle (an AE DD for 2500 and snare).

It also spawns mezzable Kraklings, four at a time.

Kill the Polar Kraken and loot the Lump of Raw Alloy (a chest spawns). Combine the alloy in the container to produce Strongbox Full of Alloy. Give this to the lookout and receive Strongbox Half Full of Velixite. This confirms his innocence.

Durgin Skell

Form a raid with up to 36 people and situate them in Everfrost. You must have at least 10 people in the raid to do this, and up to a maximum of 36 -- the more the better.

You say, 'Who is Durgin?'

Lirprin, Head of Affairs says 'I've had the pleasure of serving with a beastlord named Sharalla for quite awhile. For years, she was a reliable friend and companion. At one point I nearly asked her to become my betrothed - we were that close. However, things changed the moment she met that scoundrel Durgin Skell. Her dedication to the Wayfarer's cause wavered noticably whenever he was about. Last time I saw them, Durgin and Sharalla were preparing for [some foolish expedition]. They took a cadre of my best people, ventured off in search a 'great threat' to Norrath and haven't been seen since. I trust Durgin about as far as I can pitch an orc. There's a good chance he's used his silver tongue and charismatic appearance to misguide his group into doing something foolish. If you find him, drop my name. Let him know Lirprin sent you and see if he can explain what he's been up to.'

You say, 'Some foolish expedition?'

Lirprin, Head of Affairs says 'Yes, foolish indeed. He kept mentioning something about a frozen underground cavern below Everfrost and the nightmarish creatures that resided within. We had heard rumors of such a place, but I wouldn't give them much credibility. They're only rumors, after all.'

You are assigned an expedition in to Miragul's Menagerie in Everfrost.

Upon zoning in, your raid will be rushed by some spiders. Nothing special about them; they hit for ~900. Kill them and move into the first hall. This will trigger the goblin event. Ignore the mass amount of green-con goblins attacking you and find the horde leaders. There are two of them which need to be killed. Kill them, and the green-con goblins despawn.

Clear your way to Durgin Skell. Follow his dialogue and receive four tasks to be completed within the expedition. Each of these tasks is an event.

Task 1: one involves the sundering sludge in the room past Durgin. Kill off the blobs in the surrounding rooms and then kill the sundering sludge. Upon its death, it will split into four severing sludges. Each of those four will split into an additional four - slippery sludges. Be mindful about your kill order here. Each blob hits for ~1500 and flurries. Upon killing the last one, the task updates.

Task 2: involves killing four skeletons. They hit for ~1100 and must be killed at the SAME TIME. Beat them down until they turn red, and then beat them down further to within a few % short of their death. Then AE them to death. This updates your task window.

Task 3: involves the slaying of Marrow the Broken, who hits for ~1800 and rampages. He also has an AE (named what?) and spawns adds (named what?). Kill him to update your task window.

Task 4: involves protecting Durgin's love. Spread your raid about the room and then hail the warder in the room to spawn the event. Mobs spawn, attempting to defile Sharalla's corpse. Prevent this from happening by killing them. This completes the tasks.

Return to Durgin and hail him. Tell Durgin your 'progress' to spawn the final boss of the zone, Laskuth the Colossus who is located to the north. Levitate yourselves as he is located on ice near a pit. He hits for ~2280 and has a single-target banishment (to an area not far from the fight). He also uses the spells Crystal Shield (chance to reflect spells by 25%) and Ice Rain. He has about 650k HPs. Killing him lowers your faction with the "Lost Minions of Miragul".

After killing Laskuth the Colossus, say to Durgin "Lirprin sent me". This confirms his innocence. This also spawns a chest.

You say, 'Lirprin sent me'

Durgin Skell sighs, 'There's no need to mince words "player name". I have no quarrel with Lirprin, but unfortunately the reverse is not also true. The man is undoubtedly angry with me. He will never forgive me for courting Sharalla and does not realize that it was her choice. She loved me, and not him. His paranoia and overbearing attitude, and eventually the outright abuse of his leadership position merely pushed her away. Now that she has fallen in the valiant service of the Brotherhood there is no further need for his insecurity.'
You have confirmed Durgin's innocence.

Keetra the Lost

You say, 'Who is Keetra the Lost?'

Lirprin, Head of Affairs says ''Keetra the Lost' is right. She was simply 'Keetra' until we discovered her uncanny knack for straying off the beaten path. We couldn't travel half a mile without having to double back to find Keetra. You don't want to know how many times we sent a search team to locate her sorry hide. What I need to know is, was this simply absent-minded disorientation or was she feigning ignorance, trying to escape? I'm inclined to say it was the former, but with this war on the horizon we can't be too careful. Having another thief slip out of sight is not something we can afford to ignore. If you find her, drop my name. Let her know Lirprin sent you and see if she can explain where she's been.'

Take 1-3 groups to the Bloodfields and do the reclusive girplan event. The girplan is located in the northern caves. It hits for ~1000 and AE gravity fluxxes for ~1500. Kill this to spawn another girplan elsewhere in the zone (have a tracker handy). Do this three or four times to spawn Myrhee the Flighty (who has a short despawn time, so engage pronto), who hits for ~1600 and casts the spell Crushing Blow. He also memblurs himself.

Killing Myrhee spawns Keetra the Lost in the back of the cave. Tell her that Lirprin sent you. This confirms her innocence and spawns a chest.

Wren Simsy

You say, 'Hail, Lirprin, Head of Affairs'

You say, 'Who is Wren Simsy?'

Lirprin, Head of Affairs says 'Ah, Wren. Mistress of disguise and as deadly as they come. She always obeyed orders and was ruthlessly efficient in her tasks, but I've got this feeling that what she did for the Brotherhood was done begrudgingly. That is to say, I think she was biding her time waiting for an opportunity to leave. And leave she did. She and some of the impressionable members of my group disappeared a few weeks ago. In typical rogue-like fashion, they made off with most of our supplies, too. The more unsavory Wayfarer pledges were quite taken with her striking beauty and her skill with a blade. I imagine they'd follow her anywhere. If you find her, drop my name. Let her know Lirprin sent you and see if she can explain her disappearance and theft.'

Head to the Ruined City of Dranik with only four people. (If you bring more, bad things may happen..) Find Daignal the Revered behind the Bridge Keeper.

Follow the dialogue and say 'an assassin plans on killing you Daignal'

Wren Simsy spawns and assassinates Daignal. You must now kill Wren, who hits for ~2200 and spawns two shadowed assassins which hit for ~1500 (mezzable?).

Kill Wren and loot Wren's Fatestealer.

You will need to loot a Globe of Discordant Energy from the Asylum of Anguish. After doing so, head to Smith Dandi in Nedaria's Landing.

You say, 'Hail, Smith Dandi'

Smith Dandi wipes her sooty hands on her apron and smiles at you. 'So, it looks as if you'll need the services of Smith Dandi once again. I was hoping you'd stop by soon so we could talk. Fantastic work clearing the names of those innocent Wayfarers. I knew them all personally and they weren't bad folk. It's a shame Lirprin can be so quick to judge. Now, something tells me you're looking to get that blade of yours improved. Let's see if you have what we need. . .'

From the freezing depths of Iceclad, you have recovered a lump of Velixite alloy.
You have slain Wren Simsy and recovered her blade, which courses with discordant energy.
From the deadly realm of Mata Muram himself, you have recovered a source of discordant energy.

Smith Dandi says 'Seems you're all ready to craft the blade. We'll need the Velixite alloy, the weapon I crafted for you last time, an example of someone else's weapon that I can use for a reference, and a source of pure discordant energy. Show those items to Lirprin and we'll get started!'

Head over to to Lirprin and give him your Fatestealer, the Globe of Discordant Energy, Wren's Fatestealer and the Strongbox Half Full of Velixite.

Receive 10AAs and your epic 2.0, Nightshade, Blade of Entropy.
Jaeden

Post by Jaeden » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:07 am

1.5 epic stuff (will update as I go).
Part 1 Tradeskills: Currently you cannot get any of the containers to combine these into the turn-in bundles
Vorla - not in game yet (spawns in the revamped fv, if we get it)
Kings Feast - everything is doable now except the giant catfish (not in game yet)
Jumjum Twist - Timorous coconut and Tropical Melon not in game yet
Toxins - All in game and makeable
Smithing - all in game and doable now (do the freebie quest not the collect, it is easier)
deceiver's garb - all in game and doable now - do hq cougarskins (lots drop while farming tundra kodiak) rather than hq lionskin, and use shiv from the fort in gunthak rather than trying to farm fs daggers. lots of shivs dropped in a short time.

Shakey - did some playing around 8/5-7, a lot of this is not in game yet. You can get the parchment from sornita, get the book in tofs and turn back in to her, grab the stringy vine in GE and the vial off floor 6 in tofs, but so far that seems to be it. I have checked the unrest pumpkin, fungus grove vegetation, swamp of no hope, plane of justice and chardok b items, none seem to be in game yet.

as of 8/12 I am done until oow if anyone has questions.
Last edited by Jaeden on Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Suzzy

Post by Suzzy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:13 pm

Couple of things I've encountered.

When you visit Yendar Starypre, you need to also ask him about the blue orb to get the full text.

You need to have Elder Tier'dal to speak with the guy in PoJ, quest says so, but I missed it, so just reiterating.

If you're tired and not paying attention, remember that the JumJum Twist is handed into Mayor Gubbin and not Lendel Deeppockets.

When you get to the Culthor the Gatekeeper part, make sure to farm the mats to spawn him in Solusek C before bringing people to kill him, takes a little while to get the drops. Zone in from Sol A or have someone who can evac you from the Sol B side.

For BoT, you'll need the key or someone with it. Was worried about the random AE's, but had no problem with it actually, so not hard.

For the LDoN (Mirugul's Menagerie) you can do it in a normal one if your party is all lvl 70. I just had 3 70's and then zoned in, looked for a chest/barrel/table that was close, then went and got it, you can even just break them open to get the item. I just reset the instance if none were close to the entrance. Took about an hour. If you catch agro, just run to the zone.

Here's a video to see how to get to the chessboard in PoM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aZ6R8sVAQk&t=227s

Bard fights are all one group.