DoDH - Dreadspire Key - Required key

Barudin
Site Admin

DoDH - Dreadspire Key - Required key

Post by Barudin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:06 am

Link = http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/ques ... quest=3203

ACCESS TO DREADSPIRE KEEP

Completing this series of missions will make the Dreadspire Keep zone available to you.

**WARNING: When completing these tasks make sure nobody is zoning, LD, etc or they will get bugged and not get their reward nor credit for the mission.

**NOTICE: Unlike the spell sets that involved mission arcs from 1 NPC, these quests all have a unique quest giver and no "obvious" link to each other. Everyone must complete these tasks to gain access to Dreadspire Keep, consider it a "signet quest".

Scavenger Hunting

Mission Giver: Treddlehoop
Mission Type: 1-Group
Starting Zone: Corathus Creep
Instance Zone: None

Find the gnome Treddlehoop in Corathus Creep (located at the crash site). Hail him and say "shopping" to get the task. You need to collect 4 items for him:

* A silk gland from the yellow /con spiders out on the living bridges in The Hive and inside the cocoons. There is a safe camp on the living bridges, just go all the way up (without going into the hives themselves). Pull spiders till you get your drop.

* Kill "Deep Orcs" in Stoneroot Falls until you loot two Chopping Swords. These are a random drop on any Deep Orcs in the zone.

* In the Ruins of Illsalin, you will want to pull the Shilliskin located near the "throne" area. This is the southern most building in the zone. You need to levitate across or scale the wall to enter. The item you are looking for is a Shiliskin Tentacle Cluster.

Once you have the four items, return to Treddlehoop and turn them in as per the task manager. You will receive Treddlehoops' Signature Monocle and some clues to what else he is looking for...

Well, thank you very much! These will be handy. Here, take this. It's one of my specialty products. I only give them to my friends. I make these for folks because I worry that they can't see things clearly. Why, when I became a gnomework I found that my lenses were far superior to my old eyes. With a good monocle someone like you will have some idea how much better your sight can be! In fact, maybe you'd be interested in helping me with my experiments to create a better version of my monocle? Of course, you would need to find better parts than I have available here and there would be no guarantee that it would work. If it does, though, you may have the product. Are you [interested]? If you're not interested now, just come back and we can work on this later, but bring that monocle I gave you, I might not be able to remember who you are, most fleshlings look the same to me these days.

You say, 'I am interested'

Treddlehoop says 'Ah, yes. Well, a monocle is made of three simple parts. I'll need a [rim], a [chain] and a [lens]. Of course putting these pieces together and grinding a proper lens aren't as simple as I make it sound.'

You say, 'what rim?'

Treddlehoop says 'I need some material to make a nice sturdy lens rim. I've heard rumors that back in the day the Shiliskin made fine jewelry that was completely resistant to the effects of water and general erosion. And, well, they wear jewelry on their face-tentacle-things for formal occasions. I have been thinking that a ring like that would be a great monocle rim, with some adjustments of course. If you can find such a piece of jewelry it would be a good start. If you find a likely item come and tell me what you've found. I'll be able to tell if you've got something that will work.'

You say, 'what chain?'

Treddlehoop says 'The chain is more than just decoration for a monocle. It must be sturdy to prevent losing the eyepiece as well as decorative. Many also forget to provide enough chain to allow for taller wearers or those with a desire to drape their chain. In any case, for this experiment I think we'll want something special. I know that my own people, the fleshy ones especially, are very good at making such chain. I suppose you might find something worthy from them, though convincing them to part with it might be difficult. Luckily, we've seen plenty of Gnomes run through here since we were discovered. I fact, Mazil is caring for one right now. Come and tell me what you find and I'll let you know if I can use it.'

You say, 'what lens?'

Treddlehoop says 'Obviously the lens is the most important part of the monocle. See if you can find something special. Obviously it must be made from a substance that is clear and has the properties of glass. But I also want something that will magnify things. It would be even better if it had other properties I could put to use. I wish I could tell you more. Just come by and give me the name of what you've found that might work and I'll be able to tell you what I think about it.'

The Lost Notebook

Mission Giver: Brovil Pallivineg
Instanced Zone: The Hive (Instanced Version)

**NOTE: This is the same quest used in the mission for the level 69 DoD spell/disc. You can choose to do normal or hard; they both give your key part.

The zone-in for this mission is in Stoneroot Falls. Kill the monsters throughout the zone for the items you need (we got all of ours clearing the top level spiders as well as spiders just inside the 2 obelisks). On a semi-rare basis they will drop portions of a notebook. You need to collect all nine pieces to complete the mission. There are no respawns in this instance and the mobs do not summon (can be kited).

Once you have beaten the mission, aside from the mission personal reward, you will receive Spectacular Image Enhancing Prism, the 2nd part of the Dreadspire Keep Key.

The Lost Gnomes

Mission Giver: Mazil Hibbinap
Instanced Zone: The Hatchery (inside The Hive)

This mission is pretty simple, head to the Hatchery entrance, zone-in and begin to pull spiders. There is no repops in this instance of the zone. As you kill spiders, open the cocoons, randomly a gnome will pop out of the cocoon. Say, "follow" to them and lead em to the zone-out for credit. You need to do this 4 times. Sometimes, your gnome won't make it, he'll turn into a spider, that is fine, kill the spider and you still get credit. That's about it, once you beat the mission you will receive Gold and Platinum Twined Necklace, the 3rd part to the Dreadspire Keep Key.

Deserting the Ranks

Mission Giver: Zahn
Starting Zone: The Undershore
Instanced Zone: The Nargilor Pits (Ruins of Illsalin)

Zahn can be found on the shore north of the JTP camp. Hail him and choose his "group" option. He will give who ever gets the task a shawl that is used later in the mission.

Head to the Ruins of Illsalin and zone-in to your instance, The Nargilor Pits. Clear the mobs in the zone until you reach the Guardian of the Pit. Once you have killed him you need to find a randomly placed "ornate chest" in the zone (a tracker is handy). Open this chest and loot its contents. This is your "key" to the door behind the named.

Enter the final room, move quickly to the left corner (hug left wall in the room). You will get spammed with some emotes and begin to be attacked by single mobs (auto-aggro). The person receiving auto-aggro seems to be the person who opens the door, so plan ahead.

While this is going on, follow the quest information and turn the shawl into any of the corpses in the final room (do this as soon as you can). Also of note, Emperor Draygun will spawn and roam the room. He isn't attackable and just roams around and summons the dead shiliskin to life (hence you being attacked). After approximately 10 mobs, you will get jumped by 3 at once, 2 x legionnaire and 1 x captain. Kill the captain and loot his item to finish the mission. The captain also drops your loot "reward" for the mission. Return the drop from the captain to Zahn to complete the task.

When you beat this mission you will receive Golden Shiliskin Tentacle Ring, the 4th and final part to the key as well as a gem for the Shattered Blade quest and a personal reward (shoulders for melee and a range for casters).

In short, you need to do these 4 missions above and receive 4 items. Once you have all 4, go to Treddlehoop and turn them in. You will then receive Treddlehoops Wonderful Monoculor Seeing Device, which is they key to Dreadspire Keep.

Treddlehoop takes the items and examines them. 'These will do nicely, very nicely.' He pulls out several odd-looking tools and begins to pry at the ring. Eventually he snips it in half with a very large and dangerous tool. He works on the chain until he gets it into a shape he seems to approve of then takes out a rough looking stone and a very fine file and starts hammering and filing on the prism. It is surprising that he doesn't break it. Instead he trims and files it into a circular shape and slides in into the ring. He bends the ring until it fits snugly around the lens, then briefly turns his back to you. You see flame jetting out from his midsection for a few seconds. When he turns back to you he is polishing a completed monocle, which he hands to you. 'This is a wonderful device. I believe it will serve you well. Keep it with you, you never know when you'll need such a thing. Keep your eyes open for better lens material. Tell me if you find anything that you think might make it better.'

The zone-in for Dreadspire Keep is located in the Hive. Work your way out to the living bridges and enter the most northern "hive". If you have maps, this hive is marked with a ??? on it. At the top of that hive is a door, click it and your in Dreadspire Keep (first time you enter you must have the device in your inventory). Be careful, however. There is a very nasty named that also roams this hive. He can max hit around 6k, flurry and root proc! If your careful, you can watch his pathing and slip by.. he see's invis AND SOS.

You are looking over the object when you suddenly remember the monocle that Treddlehoop made for you and the words he said, 'you never know when you'll need such a thing.' You place the monocle over your eye and you can immediately make out a magical pattern. You place your hand at the center of the pattern and you open the portal. Now that you've seen the pattern you know that you will always be able to find that spot again.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
You have entered Dreadspire Keep.
Submitted by: Tasahof of Dragon Army, The Tribunal Server