Site Admin

Vule Notes and Observations

Post by Barudin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Please let us know what you noticed!
Xeon

Re: Vule Notes and Observations

Post by Xeon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Callers:
  • Each raid should have one caller and one backup in the event that your caller gets DT'd.
  • The spell effect (Chloroplast) that identifies the beam moves clockwise around the room.
  • Monitor the gargoyles that are ahead of the RED gargoyle to know when you are close to selecting the red one (and slow down your clicks)...
  • Once the gargoyle is deactivated (Red -> Grey), announce to your channel who is up NEXT to click (this helps people get prepared to click)...
  • Watch your threat...
Tanks:
  • Position the mob at 3:00 or 9:00 (East or West Cubbies)
    • This is so that your clickers don't accidentally click the Crescent instead of the Lever.
  • Establish ST Rampage.
  • Call for cures when you get the Mez (Cleric 2.0 / Purify / Pure Spirit (SHM) / Radiant Cure.)
  • After you are unmezzed you will need to re-establish threat.
RDPS / Healers:
  • Stand near the Lever and wait for the Caller to tell you to click.
  • Make sure you click the TIP of the lever. Clicking the Crescent Moon shaped device is BAD.
MDPS:
  • Watch threat, there's a memblur component on your tanks.
  • WILD RAMP - max melee range.
General:
  • Auspice / Ancestral Aid / Call for Burn @ 90%
  • MR Buffs might help? -500 MR check on Mez. Bard song (in tank group?) / Infusion may be helpful.
  • No Jesters.
Last edited by Xeon on Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Barudin
Site Admin

Post by Barudin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:08 am

Dreadful Allure is the mez and it doesn't look like RGC will cure. However, purify, shield 2.0 and Radiant cure did work. Also Shamans should test if pure spirit works.
Chimero

Post by Chimero » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:16 am

Nice write-up Xeon. Now if Barudin could lead a raid...
Taktek

Post by Taktek » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:31 am

Extra notes :

-You probably have figured out there isnt room for jokes / chit chat in mumble. Priority should go to : Name calliing / click / red gargoyle alert > tank calls / healer calls / cures > epic click rotation.

- Maybe look at the lever from the side so you dont accidently click the crescent, I could see this happening on opening night.

A standardized technique proposition !

Setup:

- Two players should should be watching out for Red Gargoyles. One being the name caller for next clicker (spotting/facing West side, #7 through #12), the other one being a random range dps (spotting/facing East side, #1 through #6 (Vule is in cubby #1)). The name caller will spot and adjust the dial, the range dps facing East will spot and call out the number in mumble. Eg: "Red gargoyle @ 6"

- The name caller should have his raid window opened and sorted out by classes. He will be cycling names from top to bottom starting with classes like these ; bard, wiz, mage, ench (range classes who arent contributing to healing).

Easy steps to efficient clicking :

1- Name caller says "Up next is Vosi", Vosi gets into position
2- A wild red gargoyle appears at 6. East or West caller says "Red gargoyle @ 6"
3- Name caller secretly aligns the crescent
4- Name caller says "Vosi click"
5- Vosi clicks the handle, DT is avoided.
6- Rinse and Repeat. Name caller says "Up next is Zyrr", Zyrr gets into position
Fuddwin

Post by Fuddwin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:09 am

I think the key here is to have at least 2 people watching gargoyles... I was focused on just 7-12 and was a tad late calling numbers on at least 2 of them... Also... As Vosi was moving the crescent, I would keep an eye on where he was stopping.. He never landed on the wrong mob so it wasn't an issue but I can see this as maybe being a problem so I suggest whoever is watching the gargoyles along with the clicker to also back them up when they are trying to target the red one... Don't say anything unless it's the wrong one... This shit is pretty simple but gets pretty hectic once things start to snowball... It only takes one DT to start the snowball effect... Stay sharp, know your job and don't suck... #Winningiseasy #KEEPITSIMPLE
Syche

Post by Syche » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:55 am

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... en.246788/

Apparently there is a 15% ish chance you can have a complete corpse poof...that just sucks.
Angered

Post by Angered » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:45 pm

Syche wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:55 am
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... en.246788/

Apparently there is a 15% ish chance you can have a complete corpse poof...that just sucks.
I hope they fix it... need a hot fix ASAP!!!

DBG = BESTEST SUPEREST CODERS EVER! #DIEinAFiRe
Xeon

Post by Xeon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:59 pm

Not 100% sure if it has to do with mobs despawning and respawning, but that's what people are saying. When we did it on Test all of the raids wiped. Gargoyles despawned. No issues with loot. Might be best to let a monk flop and force a reset/fake wipe? Or it could be completely random, who knows.
Fuddwin

Post by Fuddwin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Xeon wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:59 pm
Not 100% sure if it has to do with mobs despawning and respawning, but that's what people are saying. When we did it on Test all of the raids wiped. Gargoyles despawned. No issues with loot. Might be best to let a monk flop and force a reset/fake wipe? Or it could be completely random, who knows.
Not sure if all of them wiped.. I know Laizy feigned in one of the instances... I think Chimero feigned in ours... So not a complete wipe... I didn't bother to read the post so not sure of the relevance here...