DoDH Mayong

Xeon

DoDH Mayong

Post by Xeon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:49 am

Phase 1 (Small Discs - <15 Minute Recharges):
  • Four Gargoyles - cure DTs, Paladins tank [Priority 1]
    • Warrior, Ranger, Monk, Necromancer - click your banes on these targets (as soon as threat is established)
  • Wolf - focus immediately after Gargoyles - need MULTIPLE Tanks due to Charm [Priority 2]
    • Rogue, Enchanter, Wizard, Magician - click your bane on this target (as soon as possible)
  • Spider - offtank away from raid [Priority 3]
    • Cleric, Paladin - click your bane on this target (as soon as possible)
  • Orc - does a punt mechanic (?) - Warrior Tank, ST Rampage - need MNK / RNG Dispells [Priority 4]
    • Shadowknight, Berserker, Bard, Beastlord - SKs and Berserkers will click (as soon as possible - stagger them if you can), Bards/Beastlords will await instructions (click if low DPS)
  • Once all adds are dead, rebuff the dead and prep for Mayong ... this assumes we do not fall behind on DPS.
    • If we do not kill all adds before Mayong becomes active, we need to finish them off before beginning on Mayong.
Phase 2 (Mayong Active - 100%-50%):
  • Establish MT and Single Target RT (you should be ready to tag in case our DPS is low in P1).
  • Put Mayong in designated tanking spot:
  • Await BANE instructions...
    • Priority 1: Bard / Beastlord Clicks
    • Priority 2: SK / Berserker x3
    • Priority 3: Cleric / Paladin Clicks
    • Priority 4: Remaining Clicks - avoid Shamans + Druids
    • Priority 5: Magicians and Wizards - Banes need to be saved for <20% health
  • Focus adds at all times unless you are instructed to be ready for next bane click. A designated Paladin needs to be ready to pick up spawning adds and call for assist.
  • Need MNK / RNG Dispells at various points throughout the fight.
  • Bats will spawn every 4 (+) minutes (starting @ 80%), they need to be treated just like the P1 Bat encounter. Everyone backs off of Mayong, Enchanters / Bards will AoE Mez. Druids and anyone else with a root will root adds until they despawn.
  • Warriors blow a Furious / AoE Taunt each wave.
Phase 3 (Mayong Active - 50%-20%):
  • Continue to follow bane weapon instructions.
  • Stop DPS @ 22% until we deal with a final bat wave.
  • NEW MECHANIC - DEATH TOUCH - jump off the ledge and hide behind the wall. Healers can preposition here.
    • MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FUNCTIONING AUDIO TRIGGER OR THE MAIN TANK WILL DIE.

Code: Select all

The Master raises his sword
Phase 4 (Mayong Active - <20%):
  • Priority on Bane Weapons shifts:
    • Priority 1: Wizards / Mages
    • Priority 2: Rogues / Enchanters
    • Priority 3: Warriors / Rangers
    • Priority 4: anyone else ...
    • Priority 5: avoid Shamans + Druids
  • Full BURN, pop all remaining discs.
  • There may be charms in this phase, but I do not know if this mechanic is properly functioning (?)
Last edited by Xeon on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Xeon

Re: DoDH Mayong

Post by Xeon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:00 am

Zenat

Post by Zenat » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:25 am

One of the banes increases the bat spawn timer. My understanding is that the bats are probably the most difficult part of the raid after the initial guards are handled, so we might want to consider making sure those clicks get in early since we only have 1 clear's worth of banes currently?
Xeon

Post by Xeon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 am

Zenat wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:25 am
One of the banes increases the bat spawn timer. My understanding is that the bats are probably the most difficult part of the raid after the initial guards are handled, so we might want to consider making sure those clicks get in early since we only have 1 clear's worth of banes currently?
    • Priority 1: Bard / Beastlord Clicks (DISTRACTED ONLY)
It's this one, Priority 1.
Barudin
Site Admin

Post by Barudin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 am

Xeon wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 am
    • Priority 1: Bard / Beastlord Clicks (DISTRACTED ONLY)
It's this one, Priority 1.
The only thing I have different here is to do it during a vulnerable stage. If you do it during distracted it will be four minutes. If you do two clicks during vulnerable it will be five minutes.

Edit as a point of clarification: Monk and Necro clicks force a new vulnerable phase.
Xeon

Post by Xeon » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:36 am

Barudin wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 am
The only thing I have different here is to do it during a vulnerable stage. If you do it during distracted it will be four minutes. If you do two clicks during vulnerable it will be five minutes.
From what I read, some of the Bane weapons are only clickable during certain states. Berserkers / SKs can only click during Vulnerable and Bards / Beastlords can only click during Distracted.
Barudin
Site Admin

Post by Barudin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:38 am

Bear with me. I'm going to forward you my notes as I have been writing a strat as well.
Fuddwin

Post by Fuddwin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:13 am

Barudin wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:38 am
Bear with me. I'm going to forward you my notes as I have been writing a strat as well.
Nerds

PS: Keep up the good work!!! <3 <3
Barudin
Site Admin

Post by Barudin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:26 am

Druid and Shaman bane has had some light shed on it.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... ms.246661/
The Burst of Dawn from the Glimmering Dawnstone increases the effectiveness of Slow effects, inflicts damage, and "stuns" Mayong. The duration of the stun increases the more times the effect is used
the stun inadvertently does a memblur tho.
Marcone
Site Admin

Post by Marcone » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:41 am

Sounded like he might consider different ways to do that stun that wouldn't wipe aggro, but i'm sure it's not a high priority.